Do We Humans Really Deserve Happiness?

It was a pleasant Saturday for me. I woke up at around 10:00 am. The weather was really beautiful. I bet no one can stop themselves from falling for it. I was in the hostel room. I brushed my teeth, washed my face and went to prepare my breakfast. I was so happy that day because I am going to meet my school friends after many  years.


As I was preparing my breakfast, my room-mate just screamed out in extreme anger and sorrow, "What the hell is this now?" I asked her that why she was reacting like that. She just turned her phone's screen towards me. I first thought that something might have happened with her phone. But as I saw her phone, I too got filled with anger and sorrow. There was a post floating on social media in which a mother elephant with her child is being brutally burnt by some people. I was so shocked that we humans can even go to such extent.


I further read the whole news. Those people did this sin just because elephants had tried to enter their area. I can even recall another incident where a rhino was badly injured and hunters have detached its horn. It was bleeding so badly that it was really hard to save it. But somehow, it was saved by the authorities and was being cured in a good animal hospital. Another incident was of an African guy who was burnt alive and no one was helping him. This is such a cruel act and a great threat to humanity.


Are we human really that much strong that we can harm the wildlife, animals and even other humans to such an extent. Do we really deserve the happiness? I don't think so. The way we are treating animals, forests and other humans, I don't think that we can ever get real happiness.


"Hurting others never gives happiness to someone. Rather it brings unease in one's life."

In the present time, we humans do not give space to those small yet long-term happiness. All we want is to prioritize that short-term happiness which later becomes a big problem. We need to learn that hurting someone can never lead to a better ending.


Just keep yourself on their places for a while, think about the same situations. How will you feel after getting such treatments? Do you still think that we humans really deserve happiness?

Comments